- Job Reference: 00022471-1
- Date Posted: 8 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £33,462
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,462 per annum
Based: Walsall, West Midlands
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 4 October 2020
Working within our clients customers' homes, you will be responsible for undertaking high quality repairs and maintenance works and fire safety related tasks whilst delivering exceptional customer service. Your work will mainly be in Carpentry, but you’ll also be required to carry out a range of multi-trade tasks. Sound like the role for you? Then you could be our clients next Multi-Skilled Carpenter!
You’ll need to have a City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry Maintenance, and they’ll also need you to have the following:
* Experience of a wide range of Carpentry works, including building, repairs, maintenance, locksmithing, installation and refurbishment.
* Experience of fire safety related tasks;
* Understanding fire stopping and passive fire protection
* Installation of fire door sets
* Experience of a variety of multi-trade tasks, such as plastering, dry lining, rendering, floor laying/ screeding, plumbing, tiling, wall papering and painting;
* Experience of working within both void and tenanted properties.
Not only will you be working for an organisation that makes a real difference, the hours are great too. Whilst you’ll generally be expected to work between 8am and 6pm, they will need you to work flexibly, to make sure the needs of their customers are met. This may include some weekend working, and you might be required to join the on call rota. But don’t worry, you will be compensated for this.
In addition to all of this, you’ll also have the use of a van. The travel isn’t too much though, as they are still predominantly a Midlands based organisation, but they are looking to grow!
If this sounds like the role for you they would love to hear from you. In return for these high expectations you will receive a competitive salary and a great benefits package, including a fantastic working environment, 27 days annual leave, Christmas shut down, a defined benefit pension scheme, health cash plan and shopping discounts!
Our client are committed to keeping colleagues and candidates safe during COVID-19 and will deploy a range of selection methods that comply with government guidelines.
They are committed to safer recruitment and to the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and will conduct appropriate background checks where necessary.
Our client are inclusive and passionate about diversity, so they welcome applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ applicants.
Early applications are encouraged as often our client experience a high volume of interest for posts. They will review applications on a daily basis and once they have received sufficient applications they reserve the right to bring forward the closing date