Job Title: Motor Vehicle Technician
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50613
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Motor Vehicle Technician at our Rainham site.The role
As a Motor Vehicle Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. you'll be part of a highly skilled team supporting the Metropolitan Police Service behind the scenes. By servicing and repairing MPS vehicles safely and efficiently, you'll make sure the MPS is there for London every day.
Day to day, you'll diagnose faults and test vehicles using our state-of-the-art equipment. You'll also service, adjust and repair components and accessories, reporting any defects. As you work, you'll complete warranty job cards and make sure technical service information is implemented. With officers depending on us for reliable vehicles, high standards are essential.
Essential experience of the Motor Vehicle Technician,
- Test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. This will include road testing were deemed necessary.
- Observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop controller and correct completion of paperwork
- Order from the parts department, all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
- Interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques
- Proven working experience with a manufacturer or dealership
- An understanding of the manufacturer warranty process
- Experience using diagnostic machines and understanding of diagnostic processes
This role is full time based on site at RainhamQualifications for the Motor Vehicle Technician,
- City & Guilds or NVQ levels one, two & three (or equivalent)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve NVVP one security clearance level for this roleOur Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 14 June 2023#LI-DNPJob Segment:
Technician, CSR, Technology, Management