Mobile Site Services Assistant
|Job Title:||Mobile Site Services Assistant|
|Salary:||£11.47 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-03-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Simone Grant|
|Job Published:||March 25, 2019 14:11|
Pertemps are looking for a Mobile Site Services Assistant to work within a local government department to provide on-site mobile maintenance support to sites and building occupiers within Aylesbury complex and across the county.
A clean driving licence with ability to travel around the county being essential.
This vacancy is on a temporary basis expected to last 3 months which may extend, located in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. The pay rate is £11.47 per hour, with availability for duties from 10am to 6pm weekdays to ensure site cover.
The company's mission statement: Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve. Now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive. Its local communities are at the heart of everything it does. Whether it's new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential care and support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, this company are here to make a real difference to the people and communities it serves.
As a Mobile Site Services Assistant, the successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Reporting of all building repairs and maintenance issues to the FM Helpdesk
- Customer liaison and reporting back to FM team of issues.
- Completing Health and Safety Compliance Spreadsheet for Aylesbury complex and other buildings as required.
- Carrying out Health and Safety actions such as weekly fire alarm testing, emergency light testing, taking tap temperatures and periodic flushing. Making accurate records of this information.
- Ensuring full access to and safety of fire escape routes and the safe storage of flammables.
- To be aware of all necessary health and safety, quality standards and performance measures and ensure they are adhered to.
- To assist in risk assessments for fire/access/egress.
- Minor electrical repairs and safety checks to equipment, e.g. the fitting of plugs and checking flexes and advice about PAT testing.
- Fabric repairs, such as door handles, bookcases, coat hangers, and minor decoration works.
- To undertake minor office equipment/furniture moves and transportation where appropriate.
- Minor repairs / building of display cabinets, cupboards, etc and purchasing of equipment to carry out works.
- To undertake duties involving manual handling (including lifting) when necessary.
- Assist with portering on occasions as required, and carrying out duties such as gritting the car park, and exterior of premises to ensure safe access/egress.
- Cleaning of heating grills, extractor fans, and fans etc. as requested/necessary.
- The cleaning of washing machine and tumble drier filters as requested/necessary.
- Assisting in the maintenance of garden equipment.
- Monitoring of specialised equipment for the young, elderly and disabled, if required.
- Erection and repair of garden furniture - greenhouses, sheds, etc.
- Assist with security and making safe buildings following incidental damage as and when requested.
- Emergency procedures inclusive of delivery of emergency equipment as required.
- To lock up and secure vacant and other property as required in liaison with Security Team.
- Remove/dispose of obsolete redundant furniture and equipment by approved methods, i.e. licensed waste disposal.
- To be flexible and adaptable, substituting for staff in similar roles across the Service as required and/or undertaking special projects when instructed to do so.
Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant practical experience working as part of team to meet service standards, targets and deadlines.
- Good knowledge of service provided in own area and relevant processes, systems, policies and procedures.
- Good ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain technical / specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand.
- Numerate and accurate with attention to detail.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise workloads and achieve deadlines.
A work van and tools will be provided to you as needed to carry out the required duties.
In return the Mobile Site Services Assistant will receive a salary of £11.47 per hour.
Pertemps are able to offer an excellent rate of pay, holiday pay and a pension scheme to those who are PAYE, weekly pay, online payslips and online timesheets all within a supportive environment for you to work with good transport links.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Customer Services Consultant
£20000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: Free- parking onsite
Deputy Site Lead (Security)
£27000 - £28000
3 x Customer Services Administrators
£8.21 per hour, Benefits: Free Parking Onsite
Up to £9.77 per hour
£11.00 - £11.04 per hour