Mobile Maintenance TechnicianLocation:
Park Royal, London, GB, NW10 7LTCompensation:
£38,295 PA (base pay + shift pay) plus performance related bonus up to £7,371 + Benefits + flexible workingRole Type:
Full time / Permanent (with day or night shifts)Job ID:
SF 42694You're the key
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Mobile Maintenance Technician with our Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) team, you'll service and repair motor vehicles at Police Stations / roadside throughout London in a safe and efficient manner. Join us and you'll be part of an international aerospace, defence, and security company with a leading naval business. Our aspirations are big - and you'll make them possible.Babcock Metropolitan Police Service
Babcock supports the UK's largest police service, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). Serving more than eight million people across one of the world's most dynamic and diverse cities, the MPS keeps London safe for everyone.
We service and maintain over 3,500 MPS vehicles from specialist workshops in Rainham, Park Royal and Woolwich.The role
As a Mobile Maintenance Technician, you will play a key role prioritising vehicles and maintenance ensuring completion in accordance with procedures in operation and to the standard and Quality required.
Your duties will include:
- Repairing vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper, and economical manner using equipment provided.
- Diagnosing faults and testing vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques.
As a vehicle technician for Babcock, you will play a key role in keeping the Metropolitan Police fleet moving and on the road.Essential Experience
- Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with relevant experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in motor vehicles studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of diagnostic equipment
- Basic level of computer skills required
- Full driving licence
- Working as part of the Met Police contract you will need to be subject to security checks (NPPV2)
You must supply your own tools, however parts and specialist equipment (e.g., trolley jacks, diagnostic tools) will be provided.What we offer
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays and the ability to buy or sell holiday
- Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
- Matched contribution pension scheme starting at 4.5% with life assurance
- Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (Up 20 weeks full pay and 20 weeks half pay, depending on length of service)
- Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental, and financial well-being
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes "home safe every day". The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it's vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles - be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind - guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet's future by reaching net-zero carbon. Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Location fixed- This role can be delivered from areas of Greater London but is required to be on site at all times.Job Segment: