Mobile HGV Technician
|Job Title:||Mobile HGV Technician|
|Contact Name:||Kara Fraser|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 17:10|
You have to provide an efficient customer service for the on hire fleet, ensuring that the equipment is maintained to a first class standard and in line with company policy while demonstrating the highest level of professionalism to the SHB client.
* To ensure the surrounding work area is a safe environment for themselves & others that may be in close proximity and to continually monitor the conditions throughout the progression of each job as it evolves.
* Comply with site specific health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout the visit.
* Maintain an up to date mobile safety pack which should be available on request to demonstrate risk assessments/methodology and general company policies.
* Perform preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers and company policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation in a cost effective manner.
* Operate effective administration and communication lines with the customer and the customer support team within SHB, ensuring all paperwork is compliant and returned to head office in a timely manner.
* Operate the PDA effectively making sure all jobs are booked onto correctly and closed down in real time.
* Conduct themselves in a professional manner both at sites and while driving treating members of the public with courtesy at all times.
* Highlight any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately to the appropriate SHB manager.
* Maintain a clean and tidy work van and ensure all tooling and specialist equipment is tested and compliant in line with company policy.
* Maintain sufficient security measures to prevent theft of company/personal property during and after normal working hours.
* Carry out quarterly inspections on the works van and return reports to head office as per company policy.
* Ensure all incidents are attended within the agreed timescales and any delays communicated to Customer Support.
Essential Key skills:
* Hold recognised time served training certification within the motor industry or similar engineering back ground and demonstrate minimum of 2 years working in the industry after apprenticeship completion.
* Hold a valid UK category B driving license (essential).
* HGV technicians preferably to hold minimum category C license (not essential).
* Have a good understanding of transport & HSE legislation.
* Demonstrate good communication and customer care skills.
* A good standard of both written and spoken English.
* Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work well as part of a team, and also under your own initiative when required.
* Be a well organised individual with excellent time management.
* Demonstrate a desire for self improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills.
For further details please contact Kara Fraser on 01453 852554.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group Ltd provides the very best opportunities for our candidates. We recruit for a variety of different roles, in a multitude of industry sectors. For more information on latest vacancies, please visit our website: www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega resource group are acting as an employment agency in relation to this position.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's