Metering Operations Manager
- Job Reference: 00032190-1
- Date Posted: 22 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Croydon, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
LOCATION: East Croydon, Surrey
DEPARTMENT: Metering (Operations)
CONTRACT: Full Time, Permanent
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Green Network Energy LTD is a green energy supplier helping homes and businesses make the difference. Since 2003, we have had a Green mission to protect our environment. With a clear motto: ‘Live, Love, Be Green’, our aim is to help both our planet and our customers become more sustainable.
So, we are creating a green community, inside and out. At the heart of our company are fantastic people - who share our values, are inspired by our mission, and who work together to drive real change.
Green Network Energy LTD promotes a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment and we have got big ambitions to grow. We are on the lookout for exceptional talent who like to take on challenges, who are capable of inspiring and being inspired and who share our green mission.
Think you could be the talent we are looking for? Apply today and join us on our journey!
We are currently working remotely to protect our teams during the coronavirus lockdown. But we are still hiring, so if you are happy to take part in a remote interview, we would love to hear from you!
As Metering Operations Manager, you will support the Head of Metering in managing processes and monitoring performance in the area.
The purpose of this role is to align specific areas related to metering: in particular metering exceptions, data flow management and disputed meter reading process.
As Metering Operations Manager, you will set and review KPIs, be responsible for ensuring your teams meet or exceed targets, promote improvements and identify root causes behind failures.
• Overseeing specific activities within Metering reporting directly to the Head of function
• Managing relevant analysis and reports, including those coming from third parties like Managed Service, DC, MOP
• Identifying areas of improvement
• Ensuring all the processes are updated and compliant with industry obligations
• Ensuring all metering data is accurate within our systems and customers are billed correctly
• Identifying complex exceptions with industry data flows that may cause settlement and billing issue
• Managing day to day relationships with third party metering agents such as MOP/MAM and DC and complex escalations
• Handling escalated complaints
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in similar roles, preferably from an energy supplier
• Experience of leading teams, supporting their growth and development
• Electricity and gas knowledge with specialism in metering related exceptions with a focus on readings management
• Ability to set and deliver against performance targets
• Be focused on Customer Service
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Good attention to detail (analytical, methodological and tenacious)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Willing to learn new subjects and acquire new skills
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
WHAT WE OFFER/BENEFITS*
• Be part of a growing company and help us shape the future of energy
• Collaborative, friendly and multi-cultural environment
• Modern offices with game and socialising area for employees
• 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays)
• Preferred Employee Tariff Scheme (if you become a Green Network Energy customer)
• And many more....
GNE is a diverse and inclusive employer. We celebrate diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, backgrounds, and cultures. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, religion or belief. Offers will be subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service check, Academic Title and or Professional Qualification check and at least two independent references