|Job Title:||Metallurgy Technician|
|Salary:||£20000 - £26000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Josh Handley|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019 18:11|
Job title: Metallurgy Technician
Location: Commutable from Oldbury, West Bromwich, Dudley, Wolverhampton and Birmingham
Normal hours of work are 8.00am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am-3.30pm Friday (39 hours per week). There is a daily ½ hour lunch break.
Working for a reputable business providing the customer with a high class service, your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Sample preparation including cutting where appropriate.
• Accurate mounting, grinding, polishing and etching of samples.
• Metallography, cleanliness verifications, weld assessments and corrosion testing.
• Hardness testing.
• Carry out Macro etching.
• Use of metallurgical microscopes (including verification checks).
• Recording of above test data accurately and in line with agreed procedures and escalating any concerns to your line manager as appropriate.
• Use of photographic equipment.
• Carry out preparation and testing of corrosion specimens.
• Reporting test results to customers (written and verbal) accurately and on time.
• Support your line manager with the timely coordination, planning and progressing of jobs within the system.
• Accurately costing jobs for invoicing purposes, monitoring and filing in line with agreed practices.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or a similar relevant discipline. The role would suit a Metallurgical Technician / Metallurgy Lab Technician / Junior Metallurgist etc.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£33000 - £40000 per annum
£28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: 23 days holiday, pension, professional memberships paid
£8.60 per hour
£13.50 - £14.50 per hour