|Job Title:||Mess Manager|
|Salary:||£26,000 - £27,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Bromley|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 13:12|
We are currently recruiting a Mess Manager at Larkhill Garrison in Wiltshire, close to the city of Salisbury. The site has public transport links and is close to the M3 motorway.
The Royal Artillery Mess is the most prestigious mess within the Allenby Connaught contract. It is the home Officers mess of the Artillery and as such is the window in to the history of the Artillery Regiment, with Royal Artillery Regiments from around the world and reunions all taking place in the mess. The mess holds numerous functions throughout the year, the majority being military style events; therefore experience would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be highly attuned to the traditions and ethos of the workings of a military mess. The candidate should be able to carry themselves with an authoritative and confident manner, as they will need to be able to converse with Senior Artillery Officers, the main one being the Master Gunner.
Part of this role will also be to introduce young Officers in to the traditions and history of the Royal Artillery mess, therefore the candidate will need to have a good understanding of the historic pictures, silver and artefacts that are housed in the mess. Please note, full training will be provided for this.
For this very busy high profile environment, we require a ‘can do’ team player who is well organised, articulate and professional. With these attributes the success that this job can bring is extremely rewarding.
- £26,000 - £27,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts scheme
• Plan and execute high-profile dinners and events in the mess
• Leading and developing the mess team
• Managing the mess budget
• Maintain a strong client relationship
• Taking responsibility for compliance requirements (HSE, people, finance, etc.)
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's