|Job Title:||Mess Manager|
|Salary:||£27,000 - £30,000 DOE|
|Start Date:||2019-02-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 11:18|
You are responsible for managing day to day mess operations including event and functions management. You are required to control bar procedures, including the ordering and maintenance of cellar stock, security of stock, keys and cash, the despatch and receipt of laundry, the maintenance of cleaning material stocks and re-ordering within budget and the maintenance of custody and periodic checks of service equipment.
You are responsible for organising work rosters to ensure effective resourcing for all daily mess activities and functions, managing annual leave and arranging day to day cover for unplanned absence. You must ensure all procedures are being followed in regards to timesheets, payroll and employee personnel files are maintained in adherence to company guidelines.
You are responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence within your mess including service standards, brand integrity, quality, compliance and Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility. You will also need to demonstrate an understanding and respect for the clients’ values, tradition and culture applicable to the specific mess you are responsible for.
You must ensure that you and your team work to the highest standards of service excellence ensuring the service provided is above and beyond the customer’s needs. In partnership with subject matters experts
you will champion and embed service excellence initiatives and ensure that all services are aligned to the defence client and customer needs and deliverable within budgetPackage description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays & healthcare.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Contribution to gross profit and improvements to budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- Revenue growth and delivery of year on year performance in your business area
- Year on year balanced scorecard improvement in health & safety; environment; risk; client satisfaction; and quality
- Operational excellence in labour management and performance
- Employee engagement and IIP
- Well developed internal and external network
- Continued professional development in industry sector
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's