Medical / Welfare Officer
- Job Reference: 00072478-1
- Date Posted: 6 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Fareham, Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Welfare/Medical Administrative Officer
Location: HMS Collingwood, Fareham, GB, PO14 1AS
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43346
We have an exciting opportunity for a Welfare/Medical Administrative Officer to join our business, being responsible for all Financial Administration and Medical/Dental arrangements to our Hunter Training Project here at Collingwood. You'll be supporting and providing advice on all medical matters to our Royal Saudi Naval Force Liaison team, students, and their families, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised, self-motivated, and confident Welfare/Medical Administrative Officer, who has a real passion and desire to support students as well as their families across a wide range of medical concerns. You'll have a background within a customer focused environment, delivering a high-quality frontline service. In addition, you will thrive in a team environment, demonstrate initiative, and have the ability to provide a high level of support in all day-to-day matters.
What will you be doing?
* Prepare and hold confidential information on each family member, main accurate and timely records
* To set up and administer RSNF Private Medical/Dental Care
* Providing ongoing support and advice on all medical issues obtaining current advice and information from Government/NHS websites
* Maintain strong working relationship with GP surgeries, consultants, etc
* Conduct pre-arrival in UK checks to include meet and greet the family preparations.
* Provide first aid/health and safety advice to RSNF personnel and their families on home issues
The experience you'll bring
* MS Office literate to include Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience in customer services with ability to adapt communication style accordingly
* Administration experience essential
* Working knowledge of medical and dental services desirable but not essential
* Full UK driving licence essential as travel will be required using our project car in and around the local area
* Must hold of have the ability to obtain SC and DBS security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 28th April 2022