Media & PR Officer
|Job Title:||Media & PR Officer|
|Salary:||£33000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Suzanne Patel|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2019 15:06|
- To provide assistance in the delivery of the media function, including the production and distribution of press releases and liaising and responding to queries from journalists
- To provide public relations and media support to the organisation, ensuring announcements are communicated effectively and providing support as required
- Supporting departments with writing weekly media alerts, liaising with journalists at hearings and acting as the first response to journalist queries and issuing news releases as required.
- To build effective relationships with professional body journal editors and relevant media as necessary and secure coverage.
- Support the effective delivery of the organisations social media strategy.
- Carry out research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Recommend and implement new platforms and activities to promote the role and responsibilities of the organisations
- Developing proposals and ideas, writing project plans, undertaking research and implementing campaigns as required by the External Affairs Manager.
- Ensure the appropriate systems and processes are in place for the media and public relations function, including: maintaining the press log, managing the press cuttings service, monitoring media coverage, producing media reports and maintaining media distribution lists as required.
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent, preferably in a related communications field
- Experience and knowledge of working in a Media and PR role
- Proven experience of media handling, including responding to queries from journalists and writing press releases
- Experience and knowledge of managing a media or PR campaign that effectively combined traditional, online and social media
- Experience of working in the regulatory, not for profit, public or health sectors is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in relation to the role, including the ability communicate professionally with all stakeholders and registrants
- A high standard of interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to show sensitivity and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle a number of tasks at once and prioritise work
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including the management and maintenance of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's