Mechanical Project Engineer
- Job Reference: 00033343-1
- Date Posted: 31 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
We are currently looking to support our client with a contract requirement for a Mechanical Project Engineer to be based in the Republic of Ireland - Dublin 12 - but with frequent travel requirement supporting gas facilities and customer sites across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. This will be on a 12 month contract basis starting in early January 2021. Further extensions are likely but cannot be confirmed at this stage.
A standard description is given below - but candidates should be Degree qualified in Mechanical or Chemical engineering, plus a Chartered engineer (or working towards Chartered qualification). Due to the travelling nature of the role, candidates living in Ireland would be highly preferred.
They must possess evidenced project management skills, engineering background, and experience of onsite work. Preferred background - Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical industries, Cryogenics.
The Candidate will be working autonomously in Ireland, with the support of the UK based team, and will manage projects to set budgets and timeframes - around 15-20 projects currently up to 100K euros).
Rates have not been stated and candidates will need to provide their negotiable expectations given the current coronavirus pandemic and difficult market circumstances. If this role could interest please contact me with an updated copy of your CV and information on your availability and day rate expectations (10 hours) in Euros.
Work schedule: basic 5 days per week (10 hours per day), must be flexible
II. POSITION SUMMARY
The UK&I Senior Project Engineer is part of a team responsible for the financial and technical delivery of all allocated project activities associated with the customer engineering business product offerings. This will include, food, industrial and medical grade installations of cryogenics tanks 2000L upwards, typically in N2, Argon, CO2, O2 and H2 service and all associated gas control/application equipment including but not limited to food-freezing tunnels, gas generators, and medical panels.
This responsibility includes the control of design, installation and commissioning of pressure systems and ancillary equipment provided within the scope of Air Products commercial contractual terms in line with all current quality, safety, prevailing statutory and all other company Procedural requirements.
Responsibility for this role also extends to budget management for all allocated project activities using SAP as well as maintenance of any performance / KPI's set for the project. The senior project engineer will also take the lead with respect to allocated projects for adherence to, maintenance of and where appropriate actively driving the safety culture during installation as required to meet the business requirements. They must also ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance to both company standards and those national statutes that apply as well as adherence to quality and service standards required by the business.
Success in the role will require clear direction, planning and maintenance of key relationships with the IG UK&I safety, regional services, logistics and commercial representatives to ensure delivery of the most operationally suited solutions.
This position is accountable for:
1. Effective and efficient management of projects allocated in support of core engineering products within the UK&I business, generally liquid installations of 2000L tanks and above H2, Food & Cryogenics and GGG.
2. Ensuring effective development for and communication of functional objectives and performance to meet or exceed commercial needs.
3. To proactively review and challenge the business processes utilized to manage and deliver the core engineering offerings, ensuring these processes deliver optimal solutions.
4. The safety performance of all allocated projects to maintain and develop the commitment to improve and embrace Company safety approach and culture.
5. Direct support to the UK&I IJ Major project team lead of the financial performance of the project engineering department core functions in line with budgeted requirements.
6. The execution as required of projects contained within the UK&I IG stack as requested by the UKI Merchant Projects Manager.
7. Recognize and participate in Hazop methodology process where identified for Medium and high risk projects.
8. Assist UK&I Merchant projects manager in audit functions for quality and legislative compliance if required
9. Liaise with UK&I maintenance manager on handover of installations.
10. Any other reasonable task as requested by an appropriate authority within the UK&I Supply Chain Structure.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Degree qualified (or equivalent) Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
Chartered Engineer ideally
Minimum 5 years' experience in Industrial Gasses Engineering applications
Good system understanding
Good compliance understanding
Good communication skills
Excellent understanding of safety