Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||Up to £25.51 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 16:21|
Acorn is currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to work with our client in Port Talbot.
Job Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Function: Strip Products
Location: Port Talbot
Hourly Rate: £25.51 per hour
Contract Hours: 36.5 per week
Holidays: 35 days
Contract Length: 6 Month Agency Temp
Purpose of the job
This role involves both office-based and plant-based work.
To be responsible for the project engineering of major capital schemes through the concept, definition and implementation stages until handover.
Responsibilities include ensuring that agreed, safety, technical, financial and time parameters are adhered to, and the most up-to-date technological concepts applied throughout the total project thus achieving physical assets specifications commensurate with attaining the most economic and efficient cost standards and performance in terms of yield on capital.
- To lead or form part of an engineering team able to deliver each project to a successful conclusion.
- Determining factors for allocation of the engineering role this will be Experience, Project size, complexity and business risk.
- To ensure high levels of Health & Safety management during all Project Stages including full compliance with the Process Safety Process, CDM Compliance and compliance with appropriate legislation. To negotiate with prospective Contractors in conjunction with the procurement department with regard to Commercial aspects prior to any contract placement.
- Evaluate design proposals from both contractors and Tata Engineers designing out or minimising maintenance, and ensure and sound detailing to assist in maintenance planning.
- Liaise with production and maintenance personnel ensuring an effective cross flow of relevant data with manufacturers/suppliers thus ensuring the finalisation of optimum design details for the production of new plant/equipment to the right specifications within agreed financial parameters and quality standards and to assist in determining spares requirements/procurement.
- Prepare plans for the Installation and commissioning of capital plant/equipment.
- Plan, sequence and organise all operations associated with the project as regards timing, storage of equipment, agreeing of Plant Down times with management. Provision of services to contractors and allocation of site areas, and any ultimate responsibility for the contractors work.
- Liaise with Plant area following handover to ensure outstanding snagging work is completed and the plant and equipment achieves capable process. Dependant on role allocated within project engineering team; manage engineers within or across discipline for the Work Packages and activities associated with your respective projects.
Knowledge, skills and competencies
- Ideally a HND or degree (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Health & Safety Qualification IOSH or equivalent.
- SuccessFactors, Inc. Agency Access ..To control the project process
- Experience in heavy industries like steelmaking or oil and gas advantageous
- Experience in design, contract negotiation, manufacture, installation and commissioning of Plant for major capital schemes.
- To report progress to enable accurate CAPEX planning and tracking
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£38000 - £50000 per annum
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Mechanical Design Engineer