|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||Up to £13.43 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 12:31|
Acorn is currently looking to fill Mechanical Craft positions for a Major Client Tata Steel at the Port Talbot plant.
Must be Time Served/NVQ level 3
Location: Port Talbot
Rate: £13.43 per hour - days
Holiday allowance: 35 per annum
Contract hours: 40 per week
To support shift operations by maintaining plant availability and reducing plant downtime.
Based in the Engineering workshops
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment breakdowns. Identifying failure modes of plant equipment and returning the equipment to operate safely and in a reasonable timescale. Heavy Industry experience desirable.
· Carrying out maintenance routines on plant and equipment
Use of Overhead Crane & Forklift
· Complete repairs on Conveyor systems, Heavy Machinery and Gas cleaning By Products plant
Knowledge of Drive Shafts , Gearboxes , Couplins , Lubrication Systems , Hydraulics , Cranes/Bogies
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment failures as required.
· Obtaining maintenance schedules from the maintenance management system (SAP) and feeding back work carried out. Work arising to be recorded using notifications.
· Locating spare parts using the maintenance management system. Collecting and returning spares to stores.
· To work under the permitry rules. Issuing certificates / permits as and when required.
· To assess all engineering plant changes using the Management of Change (MOC) system.
· Installation and testing of equipment.
Good understanding of Health & Safety
Respect for others - To recognise and value others in all that we do, by having respect for our colleagues, customers and our environment.
Communication - To give and receive clear, concise and accurate information in a manner that is relevant to achieve understanding for all. The ability to communicate ideas and directions clearly, both in writing and orally.
Analytical and problem solving - The ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic based problem solving.
Impact and influencing - Uses a variety of skills to build commitment for own ideas. Influences people in a way that breaks down barriers and builds lasting relationships and networks. Adaptability -
Ability to remain effective within a changing environment such as when faced with new tasks, responsibilities or people.
Drive, motivation and commitment - The extent to which the individual is self starting and self motivated, and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
Managing people - Managing subordinates effectively to optimise commitment and productivity, devising and implementing planned training and development for self and subordinates.
Planning - To take a structured approach to organising work by establishing future priorities and requirements, setting clear goals, interim milestones and reviews. Sets plans to meet objectives, and champions continuous improvement
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour
£20000 - £26000 per annum
£11.50 - £12.50 per hour
£13 - £14 per hour + Overtime
£20000 - £26000 per annum