|Location||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||Up to £13.43 per hour||Sector||Engineering|
Acorn is currently looking to fill Mechanical Craft positions for a Major Client Tata Steel at the Port Talbot plant.
Must be Time Served/NVQ level 3
Location: Port Talbot
Rate: £13.43 per hour - days
Holiday allowance: 35 per annum
Contract hours: 40 per week
To support shift operations by maintaining plant availability and reducing plant downtime.
Based in the Engineering workshops
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment breakdowns. Identifying failure modes of plant equipment and returning the equipment to operate safely and in a reasonable timescale. Heavy Industry experience desirable.
· Carrying out maintenance routines on plant and equipment
Use of Overhead Crane & Forklift
· Complete repairs on Conveyor systems, Heavy Machinery and Gas cleaning By Products plant
Knowledge of Drive Shafts , Gearboxes , Couplins , Lubrication Systems , Hydraulics , Cranes/Bogies
· Diagnosing and repairing equipment failures as required.
· Obtaining maintenance schedules from the maintenance management system (SAP) and feeding back work carried out. Work arising to be recorded using notifications.
· Locating spare parts using the maintenance management system. Collecting and returning spares to stores.
· To work under the permitry rules. Issuing certificates / permits as and when required.
· To assess all engineering plant changes using the Management of Change (MOC) system.
· Installation and testing of equipment.
Good understanding of Health & Safety
Respect for others - To recognise and value others in all that we do, by having respect for our colleagues, customers and our environment.
Communication - To give and receive clear, concise and accurate information in a manner that is relevant to achieve understanding for all. The ability to communicate ideas and directions clearly, both in writing and orally.
Analytical and problem solving - The ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic based problem solving.
Impact and influencing - Uses a variety of skills to build commitment for own ideas. Influences people in a way that breaks down barriers and builds lasting relationships and networks. Adaptability -
Ability to remain effective within a changing environment such as when faced with new tasks, responsibilities or people.
Drive, motivation and commitment - The extent to which the individual is self starting and self motivated, and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
Managing people - Managing subordinates effectively to optimise commitment and productivity, devising and implementing planned training and development for self and subordinates.
Planning - To take a structured approach to organising work by establishing future priorities and requirements, setting clear goals, interim milestones and reviews. Sets plans to meet objectives, and champions continuous improvement