|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Salary:||£15.01 - £15.35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Warren|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2019 12:56|
Indentured Skilled Mechanical Fitter / Tester
Our client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
The Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions.
Acorn is currently recruiting for a skilled Mechanical Fitter / Tester to work on site at offices in Yeovil.
The role will involve:
- Assembly and testing of Aerospace Equipment, in accordance with manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer / regulator requirements.
- Working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements.
- Reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of the Fitter / Tester operative holds the following responsibilities:
- Producing product to engineering drawings and instructions.
- Mechanical fitting of Environmental Control Systems.
- OCQ - Operator Control of Quality.
- To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable but not essential).
- Knowledge of mechanical fitting applications.
- Knowledge of pressure testing.
- High standard of Health & Safety.
- Adhering to company processes & procedures.
- Working in a customer-focused environment and achieving targets.
- Working with Designers and Engineers.
Attributes / skills required:
- The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (manufacturing experience also considered).
- PC literate.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times.
- Teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative.
- Continuous improvement.
Any further training requirements will be provided:
- PC skills (PDM & SAP), Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5 S's, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's