|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Salary:||Up to £13.43 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2018 11:18|
Acorn is looking to supply Mechanical fitter for a Major Client (Tata Steel) at the Llanwern plant
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter Craft
Hourly Rate: £13.43
Hours Per Week: 40
Engineering purpose of role: Purpose of the position is to cover all areas of Llanwern, as required, providing a complete range of Engineering activities.
The main responsibilities of the job holder are:
- To ensure that all activities comply with the Health and Safety requirements.
- To participate in all team activities utilising inherent and/or developed skills aimed at achieving set objectives.
- To react to engineering, quality and safety issues as they arise.
- To utilise the knowledge, experience and skill to initiate corrective actions.
- To work to high standard in supporting the Engineering departmental objectives.
- To have a full understanding of electrical systems to be authorised to issue permits to systems, as required.
- To actively contribute to all team activities aimed at improving plant performance.
- Knowledge and use of overhead crane including slinging.
- FLT experience an advantage.
Work with the Engineering Inspector in the area to :
- Minimise unplanned downtime , perform the required maintenance tasks and carry out the required Engineering checks to plan.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Completed an approved mechanical apprenticeship with NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) achieved.
- Working within a team.
- Experience in a relevant position and flexibility to undertake other discipline skills.
- Full understanding of fluid/power permit systems (authorised and issue).
- Some Welding and Fabrication skills are desirable.
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance procedures and practices. SAP notification/feedback required.
- Self-motivated to learn new skills, and process understanding.
- Understand permit system - fluid power - electrical - ATW/PBS - CSOetc.
- Steelwork site experience.
- Good level of fitness due to access of selected jobs.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's