|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Hanif Robbani|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2019 12:09|
To design and detail Electro - Mechanical solutions in line with Product Design specifications and relevant standards, complete cable drawings, compiling BoM's, assist with prototype build documentation and design information for formal release to manufacture. Support Production, Sales and TEMPEST teams as products progress through all stages of the product lifecycle.
* Create Mechanical design solutions to comply with the product design specification and budgetary targets.
* Provide design for cost solutions for product development that meet with the technical requirements and Company processes for manufacture.
* Create and maintain product drawings and product design documentation.
* Support Research and Innovation projects prototype builds and developments.
* Assist Production Test and TEMPEST Engineering with validation testing of developed products.
* Develop strong relationships working with other team members and production engineering to ensure that designs can be manufactured cost effectively and to resolve any production issues.
* Support generation of project time plans to ensure successful delivery of development programmes.
* Work with the PMO department to feed them key information on project time scales and any arising issues and risks.
* Keep up to date with technical developments by networking, seminars and training where appropriate.
* Assistance to other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
* Maintain a continuous assessment of new technologies and procedures which may be appropriate to be incorporated into future products and processes to enable company growth and development.
* Prepare cost estimates of NRE work, Test programmes, product costings and technical response documents to support Sales with bid activities and proposals to customers.
* Actively support and implement Drawing Office Procedures, maintain company Document Release and Engineering Change Request procedures.
* Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
Reporting/ Key Relationships
* Line reporting to Engineering Manager.
* Project Reporting to Project Manager.
* Progress and project learning to Engineering team members.
* Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal and machined components an advantage.
* Must have good attention to detail, analytical and a problem solver, must be able to produce clear and concise design documentation with a "right first time" attitude.
* Ensure work is in accordance with company, customer and BS standards.
Characteristics and Competencies:
* Good communication skills.
* Work towards personal and developmental SMART Objectives.
* Strong technical and communications skills.
* Self-motivated, creative and forward thinking.
* Flexible at all times and particularly when deadlines need to be met
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Further education/courses associated with mechanical engineering and membership of a recognised Mechanical Institute an advantage.
* Experience in designing and drafting using 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD.
* A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and their associated cost drivers
Other Requirements/ Travel
* The role is based in the Gloucester facility; occasional travel may be required to customers, suppliers and other sister sites from time to time
* Support continuous product improvement through structured developments.
* Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Basic understanding of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards.
* It is essential to the role that all candidate must be eligible for security vetting
Note:This job description summarizes the main aspects of the job, but does not cover all the duties that the jobholder may be required to perform.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's