|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £44000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Adnan Sethi|
|Job Published:||March 04, 2019 16:28|
Location Leatherhead, Surrey
Salary : £40,000-£44,000 & Benefits
Requirements: Must have driving Licence
Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team that supports Government Services (GS) Group. Providing engineering support for the Joint Operational Fuel System contract with UK MOD to meet their requirements on deployed operations, as well as projects and bids for other UK Government Departments, Foreign Governments and commercial organisations.
• Under supervision of the Lead Mechanical Engineer (Fuels), provide engineering support to the GS Joint Operational Fuel System contract with UK MOD.
• As tasked, devise initial concepts, develop detailed design, design integration and validate / review mechanical systems.
• As required produce detailed specifications and scopes of work and review / report on supplier's submissions.
• Liaise directly with suppliers and prepare purchase requisitions.
• Perform inspections on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
• As requested, plan, participate in and report on equipment / system integration trials.
• Be prepared to adapt engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet unusual client requirements.
• Participate in preparing cost estimates and project schedules.
• Provide technical guidance and support to other elements of the
• organization, including Procurement, Project Management and Maintenance teams and clients as required.
• Provide general mechanical engineering support to the GS Design & Technical Team as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Skills typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of five years industry experience.
• Experience in the design and manufacture of mechanical equipment / systems.
• Practical, hands-on experience, with good problem solving capabilities.
• Application of the standards and legislation that influences the design of equipment e.g. ATEX directive
• Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and presentations for internal and external purposes.
• Experience of preparing risk assessments and method statements.
• Able to work independently using their initiative.
• Competence in the use of MS Office, AutoCAD.
• Experience of aviation fuel ground support equipment in either civil or military environments would be advantageous.
• Experienced with the requirements of Integrated Logistics Support for the supply of new equipment, such as reliability & maintainability cases, technical publications and training media.
• Experience with the production of equipment and system safety and environmental cases.
For further information please contact Adnan Sethi on 0121 450 5000 or email email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£55000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: additional benefits
Shift Mechanical Engineer
£36000 - £37000 per annum