Mechanical Design Engineer
- Job Reference: 00008304-1
- Date Posted: 30 June 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Newport, Gwent
- Salary: £28,000 to £31,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Platform Resourcing Limited are working in partnership with a Mechanical Engineering business based in the Newport. This client is looking for an additional member of staff with a solid and thorough background of mechanical design and the use of various design packages.
This is a full-time permanent vacancy and in return you will be offered a Market leading salary and the chance to work with a thriving multi-sector business. The successful will be required to to plan and implement activities in order to meet the product realisation ensuring compliance with customer specifications. Initiate and develop feasible, cost effective and reliable mechanical designs from concept through to production
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of business development, generating business opportunities, client management and working within a technical background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Mechanical product design
* Product realisation
* 3D CAD modelling
* BOM and mechanical drawing generation compliant with specification
* Support current engineering projects
* Design FMEA
* Part standardisation
* Support VA/VE activities
* Engineering change control
* Understanding of casting process from initial pattern design through to finishing
* A knowledge of fasteners and their application
* A knowledge of torque, together with its application and measurement
* Ability to confirm parts against drawing by measurement
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings
* Obtain knowledge of engineering materials and their properties
* Implement continuous improvement of methodology
* Resolve technical problems, generate and implement countermeasures
* Develop creative working practices
* Ensure customer satisfaction
* New product introduction
* Salary of £28,000 - £31,000 p/a
* 20 days plus 8 stats
* Excellent client pension scheme
* Onsite financial monthly support
* Free Parking
Knowledge, Experience and Desirable personal qualities:
* Design within the stainless-steel component design
* Following a technical process
* Production of technical drawings into workable manufacturing plans
* Understanding of technical quotation process
* Self-driven to achieve targets
If you think this role is right for you, please apply immediately by sending your CV online, or call our office on (phone number removed) if you have any questions.
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role, and unfortunately are not always able to respond to all applications.
Please be aware that Covid-19 safe working practices are in place with this business