|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Main Responsibilities - Duties
1. Create Electro - Mechanical design solutions to comply with the Product Design Specification and budgetary targets.
2. Create and maintain product drawings and product design documentation.
3. Support Production Engineering to produce accurate product build documentation by compiling annotated pictorial assembly steps.
4. Support prototype builds programs.
5. Support TEMPEST Engineers in ensuring products designed meet TEMPEST requirements.
6. Assist Production Test and TEMPEST Engineering with validation testing of developed products.
7. Liaise with Production department to achieve continuous product improvement.
8. Actively support the company Document Release and Engineering Change Request procedures.
9. Ensure work is in accordance with company, customer and BS standards.
10. Support the Engineering function to ensure efficient and effective processes.
11. To focus on personal development and self-improvement to be able to deliver the full expectations of the role and to progress career in line with personal aspirations and business needs.
Degree in Electrical & Electronic or Mechatronics with a minimum of 2 years design experience.
Electrical & Electronics
Circuit understanding of Communications, Computer and IT equipment. Modern design practices, manufacturing/prototyping processes, and their costs drivers.
Mechanical Experience in designing and drafting using 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD.
A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and their associated cost drivers. Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal and machined components an advantage.
Must have good attention to detail, analytical and a problem solver, must be able to produce clear and concise design documentation with a "right first time" attitude.
Basic understanding of UK TEMPEST standards.
Basic understanding of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards.
Good communication skills.
Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Ability to obtain SC clearance.
Occasional travel to Customers mainly in the UK.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.