Job Title: Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Location: Devonport, UK - Hybrid working from home options availaible
Compensation: £39,408.00 - £44,400 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49870
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Design Engineer at our Devonport site.The role
We're looking for a Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join us at HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport. The Devonport site is 4 miles long with over 250 buildings ranging from Offices to Laboratories to Radiologically Controlled Workshops and with the large variety of mechanical systems, every day offers different challenges to the team.
You will be a core member of the Mechanical Building Services team, delivering design solutions and technical authority responsibilities to the business.
Day to day, your primary focus will be maintaining and controlling modifications to, and deviations from, the design intent of nuclear implicated and non-nuclear mechanical building services and acting as the custodian of reference design documentation. You will be required to work in radiologically controlled areas (training will be provided).
Essential experience of the Mechanical Building Services Engineer
- Ensuring compliance with licence conditions, statutory legislation and design codes/standards, producing design guidance, substantiation and analyses and delivering against agreed budgets/timescales.
- Condition surveys and site visits.
- Responding to technical queries.
- Knowledge of building regulations, CIBSE and relevant industry guidance
- Proven background as a Mechanical Building Services Engineer with knowledge of mechanical building services systems (HVAC, Domestic Water Services, Steam & Condensate, Industrial Gases etc.), technical substantiation, computer aided design and engineering and demonstrable experience of having applied the whole design lifecycle.
You will work a 36 hour week Monday to Friday with flexible start and finish times and an early finish on Fridays. You will be expected to be "Location Flexible" in the Babcock Agile Working Practices Framework. This means that you will split your time between home and the Devonport site, for the time being, mainly working from home.Qualifications for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- A minimum of a Higher National Certificate in a relevant engineering discipline is essential
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC and possibly NNPPI security clearance level for this role. You must be a sole UK National.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 14th June 2023#LI-TK1#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
CAD, Drafting, Nuclear Engineering, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering