Mechanical & Electrical Technician
|Job Title:||Mechanical & Electrical Technician|
|Salary:||£27200 - £33000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 09, 2019 10:01|
You will carry out scheduled, planned, mechanical and electrical maintenance work in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out mechanical & electrical repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
Carry out the repair and maintenance of electrical motor drive systems and associated control systems including Inverter drives.
Carry out the installations, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
Investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carry out repairs during incidents.
Providing technical advice where appropriate; making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
Examples of equipment you will be working on will be: Various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, Electronic control systems such as VSD’s, Automatic valves and penstocks, Flow, level and pressure measurement, Programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, Chemical handling and dosing equipment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Are you an apprenticeship-served technician? Do you have experience working with industrial plant equipment?
- Preferably a BTEC HNC in a combined Mechanical and Electrical subject.
- Minimum: C&G Mechanical Engineering following an Indentured Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering, plus C&G Electrical Engineering (Either Installation or Testing and Certification), or NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under own initiative to design and standards.
- We are looking for a combined mechanical / electrical qualified technician with similar experience in a related industry.
- Experience and working knowledge of large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSDs and 3 phase electrical switch gear is essential.
- Computer literacy and the ability to input data on bespoke software is required.
- Due to the nature of the role a valid driving licence is essential as the post will work across a number of sites in the region.
- The work will require physical fitness; so you will need the ability to work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical and electrical maintenance technician to join the UK’s largest water company and within the operations team.
Working outside you will be presented with unique challenges on a daily basis, whether it is using your expertise to diagnose a fault, or removing large objects to prevent plant damage. You will gain experience on a wide range of plants and equipment some of which are innovative investments providing exciting new experiences.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical & Electrical Technican
£32000 - £36800 per annum
Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
Slough, London, Manchester
up to 42k + 10% bonus + overtime
Mechanical Production Technician
£13.30 - £26.60 per hour
Single Skilled Technician - Electrical
£28050 - £36000 per annum
£10 - £13.00 per hour + overtimes