Mechanical & electrical technician
|Job Title:||Mechanical & electrical technician|
|Salary:||£35200 - £40480 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ali Dearlove|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 16:07|
- 17th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3.
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled' capacity.
- NVQ or City & Guilds level 3 in mechanical engineering would also be ideal.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- The work will require physical fitness.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Salary and benefits:
- You will be based out of Chertsey STW in Surrey.
- Depending on experience and/or qualifications we are offering a salary between £35,200 - £40,480.
- All tools provided and you may be eligible for a company van (location dependant).
- 24 days annual leave increasing with years of service.
- A generous pension scheme whereby the Company will match twice of what you contribute up to 12% company contribution.
- Life insurance of 8 x salary.
- Annual pay review.
- Season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
- We also offer 2 paid volunteering days per year.
You will have the potential to earn casual overtime (double time in some circumstances) and you will be paid extra as part of the 24/7 out of hours standby rota to ensure the service we provide to our customers always comes first.
Ensure that all equipment associated with our water treatment works / sewage treatment works are running safely and efficiently using both proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
Provide technical advice, making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
Participation in a 24/7 out of hours standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
Due to the nature of the role a valid driving licence is essential and all necessary equipment such as vehicle and tools are provided.
Examples of equipment that you will be working on include; various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
Why choose us / our client?
Working outside with no one day being the same provides a very interesting working environment. You will be presented with unique challenges whether it is using your expertise to diagnose a fault, or removing large objects to prevent plant damage. You will gain experience on a wide range of plants and equipment some of which are innovative investments providing exciting new experiences.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical and electrical maintenance technician to join the UK's largest water company and join the operations team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical and Electrical Technician
£27200 - £35000 per annum
Mechanical & Electrical Technician
£32000 - £36800 per annum
£28050 - £34000 per annum
£28000 - £30000 per annum
£28000 - £32000 per annum