Blue Arrow Belfast are currently on the look out for a Fitter/Mechanic based in the Armagh Area
Hours: 37 hours per week, worked between Monday to Sunday 6.30am to 5.30pm.
Pay - £12.37 to £18.56 per hour.
Job Purpose -
- The post holder will be required to carry out scheduled maintenance operations on all fleet vehicles, plant and equipment. This will include light vans and lorries, specialist vehicles such as road sweepers etc, heavy goods and complex vehicles including refuse lorries and rear end loaders.
- Repair and maintenance of light and heavy goods vehicles, plant and machinery including fault diagnosis.
- Carry out new vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspections and Routine Vehicle Safety Inspections. Attend off-site breakdowns and effect necessary repairs to render vehicle roadworthy or recover to Depot
- Carry out planned maintenance works on all fleet vehicles in accordance with annual programme. Plan required maintenance operations and parts requirements etc
- Identify, research, compile, deliver and evaluate relevant training courses
- Lead, Supervise and implement projects commensurate with the post as and when required, taking responsibility for results, completion dates etc.
- Make recommendations to Supervision and Stores management on parts/spares and repairs required to affect a cost effective repair to vehicles/plant.
- Undertake specialists training e.g. bin-lift control systems, CSR plant operations, fork truck operations, hydraulics/hydrostatic diagnostics, manufacturer's courses, CPC as required.
- Be fully aware of all Health and Safety requirements in relation to all vehicle, plant and equipment maintenance procedures, handling and storage of heavy materials, manual handling procedures and all other appropriate safety related legislation.
- Undertake any other relevant duties that may be required and are commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
This is a temporary position with a projected end date of May however this will be under review.
Benefits include -
- Weekly pay
- accrued holiday pay
- pension enrolment
- on site parking
If you are interested in the role please apply via the link and a member of Blue Arrow will be in contact as soon as possible