ME Tooling Engineer
|Job Title:||ME Tooling Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £37000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Verdon|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2019 12:22|
This is a multi- faceted role with the opportunity to perform but not be limited to:
NC programming support of 3 and 5 axis machining centres to suit Production needs. Prove out of programs with the machine operator.
Creation of new NC fixture and tool designs for the manufacture of composite rotor blade components. Liaising the procurement of the fixtures/tooling with Central Tooling Department, Procurement and the selected Tool supplier. Providing shop support to any tooling related requests (additional tool requests, tool improvements etc.) Sourcing and ordering of consumable items to support Production.
Key Responsibility Areas;
- Creating fully detailed NC fixture designs for internal or external manufacture.
- Create NC programs for the machining of composite rotor components using CATIA V4 or V5 processes. Support program prove out at the machine working with the machine operatives.
- Creating fully detailed tooling and equipment designs where appropriate for the manufacture of composite rotor blades and associated components utilising advanced CATIA processes.
- Back up support for the programming of the Zeiss CMM machine - training provided if required.
- Providing technical support interacting with design, supply and operational teams in order to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of components before and during manufacture.
- Preparing specifications, interfacing with contractors, obtaining quotations, raising purchase documentation and procuring products or services to support the departmental outputs.
- Provide shop support function for any NC/ tooling related queries or requirements to maintain the build line.
- Raise tooling consumable reqs to support Production as requested.
- Participating in research and development programmes within DCC in support of introduction of new product and process development both internally with Engineering and external organisations.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams in support of the Department business needs.
- Take a pro-active approach to improve and support all aspects of Health and Safety within the Department.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required;
You should be educated to Degree, HND or HNC in a Mechanical, Material, Production or Aeronautical discipline or appropriate equivalent experience.
You should also have:-
- Knowledge of composite component tool design and/or composite component manufacture.
- A sound understanding of Manufacturing Technology and/or knowledge of the working area.
- High level of working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering functions.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- CATIA Specific Experience V4 & V5 (4000hrs plus).
- Knowledge of programming CMM machines advantageous.
- Ability to use the various components of MS Office. SAP ECC6 knowledge advantageous.
- Desire to learn new disciplines.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on / 01793 317850
Omega resource group are acting as the employment agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's