Ashchurch, UK - Hybrid workingCompensation:
£22,039 + benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 45213Amplify your impact
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Material Accountant at Ashchurch
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibilityThe roleThe difference our new Material Accountant will make
As a Material Accountant you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As the Material Accountant you will be providing administrative support to Supply Chain and help manage the materiel and the associated accounting requirements.
Day to day, you'll ensure daily output reports are managed to provide data and verify the accuracy of inventory and store locations records, including conducting stocktaking. Liaise with key stakeholders within the Supply Chain to ensure KPI's are clearly identified, potential risks to delivery are highlighted and formulate process improvement plans whilst maintaining compliance with MoD, Government and European legislation.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. Essential experience
What we offer
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Efficiently work towards deadlines and multitask
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and/or Inventory Management is advantageous.
- You should hold or have the ability to hold full Security Clearance.
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance ofplus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious
; be courageous
; think: outcomes
; and be kind
. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
Business Process, CSR, Management