Marketing Communications & Events Manager
- Job Reference: 00032747-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Pencoed, Mid Glamorgan
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster Marketing Communications & Events Manager.
There is flexibility for part remote working within Wales, however you will be based at your nearest BIC Innovation office located in North Wales or South Wales. There will be a requirement to travel throughout Wales.
The Company & Programme
The team at BIC Innovation are regarded as market leading business consultants delivering a range of support programmes nationwide.
BIC is a delivery partner for the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up programme, pan-Wales. The programme is focused on helping Welsh Food & Drink SMEs to survive the immediate Covid-19 crisis, then to stabilise the business and position it to scale up; for food & drink SMEs which have seen increased orders during the pandemic, help them to scale up in a sustainable way.
The Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster will help Wales’ more ambitious food and drink businesses grow in size and offer further employment opportunities.
To support the delivery of the programme, we have an opportunity for an experienced marketing or PR professional to join us at this exciting time.
What will this Marketing Communications & Events Manager role entail?
Reporting to the Cluster Programme Manager, as the Marketing Communications & Events Manager, you will establish the cluster marketing communications strategy and manage all aspects of the delivery of the strategy, ensuring the aims and achievements of the cluster are clearly communicated to all members and stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
* Developing cluster brand and brand guidelines to be used on all marketing and communications materials
* Preparing engaging and compelling content for communications activities, such as media relations, digital communications, publications & guides, newsletters
* Managing the cluster’s events calendar (virtual and physical events)
* Working with the Cluster Business Analyst & Research Manager to deliver insight led communications that upskill cluster members
* Preparing content for the Annual Reports reflecting the achievements of the cluster against the backdrop of scale up and food and drink trends
* Project managing the Annual Conference logistics
* Developing and presenting progress reports on marketing communications and events activities
What will I need in order to be considered for this Marketing Communications & Events Manager role?
* Significant experience working in marketing or PR in a relevant sector such as food and drink, professional services, banking and finance, management consulting or marketing/PR agency
* Strong strategic marketing, presentation, and communications skills
* Be financially literate and understand financial terminology
* Exceptional event management skills with the ability to contribute at a strategic level to event content development
* Ability to manage competing deadlines
* Ability to take an “agency” approach to delivery, ensuring that internal clients are delighted with the service they receive
* Experience of commissioning and managing marketing communications / services suppliers
* Full UK driving licence and own transport
Although not essential, the ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh would be advantageous for this role. The successful candidate is also likely to have a professional qualification in a relevant discipline such as marketing or PR.
What will I receive in return?
As the Cluster Marketing Communications & Events Manager, you’ll be employed by a supportive employer that fosters a work-life balance culture and you will receive:
* A salary in the region of £30,000 to £35,000 with the level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* An enhanced company contribution pension scheme
* Life assurance x 2 salary
* Option to join our employee share-ownership scheme
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday.
Whilst there is some flexibility for part remote working within Wales, you will be based at your nearest BIC Innovation office, located in the SONY Technology Centre in Pencoed (near Bridgend, South Wales), or at the Menai Science Park in Anglesey (North Wales). There will be a requirement to travel throughout Wales.
All applications for this Marketing Communications & Events Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions