Marine Captain - Bateaux London
|Job Title:||Marine Captain - Bateaux London|
|Start Date:||2019-07-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2019 13:38|
For many years, Bateaux London has delighted its guests with elegant restaurant cruises on the River Thames.
Today, Bateaux London has three floating restaurants; Glass Room, River Room and Willow Room. Glass Room and River Room set sail from Victoria Embankment. Guests can watch the heart of London unfold as they journey along the Thames while enjoying modern contemporary food, freshly prepared onboard.
We're currently seeking a Marine Captain to captain vessels and manage crew operations in a safe and secure manner, ensuring process and passenger safety is adhered to at all times and compliance with MCA regulations and requirements.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
£competitive salary + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Drive/manage the boat in a safe way ensuring you are in line with MCA requirements and regulations
- Instruct mates and crew to operate the boat in a safe and effective way
- Cleaning duties are carried out to a high standard
- Customers are greeted in a friendly and professional manner
- Positive working relationships are maintained with all colleagues
- Duties are effectively carried out in a timely manner and organised well
- Personal presentation is of the highest standard at all times in line with Sodexo policy
- Administration is successfully completed in line with departmental processes and procedures
- Attend training courses, and upskilling where and when required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic numeracy
- High standard of personal presentation
- High level of marine skills and basic knowledge of boat engineering
- At least 3 years Thames experience as Captain Boat masters license Tier 1 level 2 with passenger operations, large passenger vessel and LKE endorsements are desirable
- Previous work experience within service led industry
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's