Manufacturing Operative (Chemical)
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Operative (Chemical)|
|Salary:||£13.55 - £16.26 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Carl Parkash|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2019 10:43|
Pay Rate: £13.55 – 16.26 per hour
Shift Pattern: 24/7 Rotating Shift Pattern of 2’s and 3’s (12 Hours Shifts 7-7)
Contract: Temporary (Ongoing)
Location: Royston, SG8 5HE
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for dedicated and hard-working Chemical Process / Manufacturing Operatives to join the team based on our client’s large manufacturing plant, based in Royston, Hertfordshire. The client is a global leader in sustainable technologies and create cutting-edge solutions with their customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
As a Chemical Process Operator you will be participating and assisting in various task in the preparation, processing, and storage of a variety of chemicals and chemical intermediates in a safe and proper manner following training and procedures. Tasks will be varied including manual activities and plant operation.
Due to the nature of the role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
The warehouse is located just ½ a mile from Royston station and takes approximately 10 minutes to walk. There is also a Tesco Extra within a mile from the warehouse.
Pay Rate and Shift Patterns
Hourly rates starts on £13.55 per hour for Training and after this will increase to £16.26 per hour.
You will be require to work a rotating 24/7 shift pattern of 2’s and 3’s which consists of 12 hours shifts between 7-7.
Essential Duties will include:
- Ensure both your own and your colleagues safety by working in accordance to all relevant Production, Environmental, Health and Safety procedures; reporting any incidents to the Team Leader
- To undertake process operations diligently as directed
- Ensure conformance to customer requirements, specifications and output schedules with respect to total quality in all aspects of the job
- Experience in Manufacturing as an Operator/Operative essential
- Experience in Chemical / Hazardous material would be advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to understand and follow Health and Safety instructions
- Skilled and confident communicator
- Resilience to work under pressure
If you feel you have the right skills or are looking for a new challenge, apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's