|Job Title:||Manufacturing Manager|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Goodwin|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019 10:06|
* To create and continually improve a sustainable world class electronics manufacturing facility that delivers zero accidents; zero defects; zero lead time and zero cost growth. In short to design and operate a manufacturing facility where we can make things easier, better, faster and cheaper.
* Manage the day to day operational activities through the Cell Leaders, Procurement Manager, Senior Materials Controller and Cell Support Engineers to exceed performance in terms of output, service levels, product availability, cost and response to meet the commercial objectives of the business.
* Develop and implement strategies aimed at improvements in manufacturing to achieve cost reduction, quality improvement and systems development.
* Strengthen the Eastbourne manufacturing organisation demonstrating strong leadership to ensure effective recruitment and selection, objective setting, competency and organisation development.
* Identify the future talent pipeline including succession planning by coaching, mentoring and developing your team.
* Develop, in conjunction with group purchasing and materials management expertise, the future direction of materials management activities, consistent with cell requirements. Ensuring a strong alignment of the inbound supply chain to the needs of the operation.
* Manage the materials function to minimise the total cost of purchasing and stock holding whilst maximising customer service levels.
* Establish, in agreement with the General Manager, improvement targets, developing and implementing action plans to achieve continuous improvement in all key areas of responsibility.
* Significant experience in multi-disciplined manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated history of leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, performance management and recruitment.
* Strong track record of delivering results in an operational environment.
* Experience of working with and implementing Lean principles.
* Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
* Degree level in Engineering or Science discipline is desirable.
* Higher degree in Technology Management or similar an advantage.
For more information, or to apply, please call Chris Goodwin on 01453 852553.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits Package + Career Development
Up to £10.87 per hour
£35 - £40 per hour
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Career Development & Job security
£10.59 - £10.95 per hour