M&E Team Leader & Qualifying Supervisor
|Job Title:||M&E Team Leader & Qualifying Supervisor|
|Location:||Bristol, Avon and Bristol|
|Salary:||£40,000 per annum + PRP|
|Start Date:||2019-05-14 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||James McGlone|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019 15:03|
We are recruiting for a Team Leader and Qualifying Supervisor to lead and manage an in-house team of engineers and FMOs, as well as a range of external contractors, in delivering mechanical and electrical works, planned maintenance tasks as well as remedial maintenance works and capital investment programmes. The successful candidate will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the commercial, statutory and compliance as well as operational delivery of several streams of work. You will be required to continually assess the processes and procedures in place and update as regulations change, as well as deliver a commercially viable profit and loss account.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on all matters in relation to M&E work streams and advising the FM Manager on the best processes to comply with Bromford’s and statutory requirements
- Leading the operational project delivery and management of the mechanical and electrical maintenance and improvement works
- Operational delivery of Legionella testing and remedial work, fire alarm testing and installations, door entry systems, lighting protection, PAT testing EICR programme (both domestic and communal), electric heating and communal lighting
- Helping guide and manage the effective procurement, planning and delivery of multiple mechanical and electrical work streams
- Holding the qualification of qualifying supervisor under the NICEIC reporting to the FM Manager/Principle duty holder.
We require candidates who:
- Hold C&G Electrical Qualifications including or equivalent to trade qualification e.g. City & Guilds / NVQ 2391 or 2394&5
- Hold C&G Electrical Qualification 2382 (17th Edition Wiring regulations)
- Hold a current CSCS card or equivalent
- Have experience of the delivery and management of Mechanical and electrical works in social housing sectors
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of a range of mechanical and electrical engineering, construction and FM services and how to undertake and specify these plus provide remedy solutions for any defects that occur.
Closing date for applications Monday 27th May.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford. We’ve been named as a top 5 best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor and we’ve just merged Bromford and Merlin Housing to create a new Bromford meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
This role will be employed by Merlin, part of the Bromford Group. Colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's