|Location:||Bristol, Avon and Bristol|
|Salary:||Circa £33,000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||James McGlone|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2019 14:16|
We require two M&E Electricians to join our expanding team based from Chipping Sodbury. As an electromechanical specialist you will be part of the Facilities Hard Services department responsible for the control and maintenance of electrical, mechanical and heating systems covering both domestic and commercial installations. Duties include the planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repair and installation of electrical systems such boiler controls, pumps, communal lighting, hot water systems, HVAC and general rewires.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensuring that appropriate control and health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times
- Undertaking all aspects of commercial and domestic electrical maintenance and installation work including electric heating and periodic test and inspection
- Undertaking specialist commercial and domestic electrical related work without direction or supervision
- Ensuring safe methods of work are employed at all times including safe operation of plant and equipment
- Taking responsibility for your own safety on site as well as your fellow workers and the general public.
Essential qualifications and experience for these roles include:
- C&G Electrical Qualifications including or equivalent to Trade qualification e.g. City & Guilds / NVQ 2382, 2360 Pats ABC, 2391 or 2394/5
- NVQ 3 Technical certificate in either mechanical or electrical discipline
- Domestic and commercial periodic inspection and testing and installation/maintenance work
- Installation and maintenance of electrical heating systems with the ability to diagnose and repair faults
- Plumbing systems with the ability to amend pipework
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant building, housing, customer services, health and safety, regulatory and technical legislation and best practice
- Use of IT systems/software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 25th July 2019
This is an exciting time to join Bromford. We’ve been named as a top 5 best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor and we’ve just merged Bromford and Merlin Housing to create a new Bromford meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
This role will be employed by Merlin, part of the Bromford Group. Colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application