|Job Title:||Managing QS|
|Salary:||£72000 per annum, Benefits: Car allowance, private healthcare, bonus up to 20% of base salary|
|Start Date:||2019-04-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Denise Phillips|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2019 16:21|
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Managing Quantity Surveyors. In this role you will be responsible for all commercial and/or operational aspects of the Contracts allocated to you and will be expected to lead on the implementation of robust assurance processes for all your Contracts. You will also be expected to provide support to Contract Managers as required.
You will join Thames Water as a Middle Manager and will be given a dedicated workload to manage, all with the support of the Senior Management team. In a fast paced and exciting environment you, and your team of Quantity Surveyors, will be expected to deliver key outputs to ensure Thames Water's customer and health and safety promises are met.
What makes this role unique?
Working with an established team you will gain insight into how the UK's largest water company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks, and recruiting temporary staff through to managing our facilities or treatment plant upgrades.
This role offers a great opportunity to become part of the Thames Water family. You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of your allocated Contracts.
If you are not already a Chartered Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity and support you need to become chartered. The team has a very successful APC and CPD training programme, with the support network of a number of chartered quantity surveyors, RICS APC assessors and colleagues studying to become MRICS or FRICS.
What could this role involve?
- Advising on Contract Strategy where appropriate
- Managing a Team of Quantity Surveyors ensuring that they deliver their outputs
- Annual and final accounting, estimating and forecasting.
- Supporting commercial or operational teams with procurement exercises.
- Ensuring applications for payment are assessed and ensuring that they are made on time and in accordance with the contracts.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to ensure that contractual compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Assisting the contract managers with the implementation of robust processes with their third party suppliers and providing them with commercial or operational support as and when required.
- Working with the finance department to ensure all financial systems are updated to time, cost and quality; and help identify non-performance and make ensuring corrective actions are implemented.
- Supporting the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with finance) on their portfolio of contracts.
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing advice and support to the business.
- Providing advice and guidance to other team members as required.
- Assisting the management and strategic development of the QS Team.
- Plus loads of other activities.
A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is necessary for this role. The successful candidate should have many years' experience in a Quantity Surveying role and should also have experience of managing a team.
It is preferable that you are a Chartered Quantity Surveyor or working towards this qualification. Knowledge of the water industry and its regulatory frameworks is also preferable.
Ideally the successful candidate should have procurement experience as well as a successful track record of assuring large Contracts and experience of resolving disputes. Dedication and a willingness to learn and develop others are vital to success within this role.
Thames Water Information and Salary:
This role is based in Reading, Berkshire. We are offering a salary of up to £72,000, depending on skills and experience.
You will also receive a car allowance, a performance related bonus of up to 20% of your base salary, an excellent contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance for you and your family and much more!
A valid UK driving licence is rerquired as there will be some travel required to other company sites.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's