|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||Up to £35,000|
|Start Date:||2019-06-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2019 19:39|
We currently seek 3 experienced Management Accountants to join our unique Sports & Leisure segment to support operational financial accounting. The role holder will be exposed to a diverse, exciting, challenging and fast-paced business which offers immense opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and LeisurePackage description
- Up to £35,000 per annum
- 10% performance led bonus
- Benefits & pension
- Act as an Record to Report (R2R) specialist for the business area
- Partner with the business to monitor, interpret and close accounts
- Review the GL balance sheet reconciliations for their business area
- Maintain all accounting policies for UK&I, e.g. project accounting; and support establishment of new policies where applicable
- To assist in the maintenance of the finance Systems, including but not limited to set-up, coding, report writing, interfaces between systems.
- Support the production of budgets and forecasts
- Act as local point of contact for the business and liaise with ESSC to resolve escalated issues and urgent requests
- Liaise with the central finance R2R teams to ensure standardisation of processes and procedures where possible
- Implement R2R specific projects including updating specific policies and procedures when requested
- Manage internal queries
- Prepare and submit other managed reports and returns
- Collate commentary and provide value add to reporting
- Drive compliance in the business; identify areas of non-compliance to improve accuracy, reduce the number of journals
- Support internal and external audits as required
- Support preparation of financial statements required by clients to contractual timescales and attend client finance meetings if required.
- Take a pro-active approach to developing all systems and processes behind the management accounts
- Provide support to finance leadership in preparation for and attendance at review meetings
- Financial acumen and analysis
- Negotiation and business partnership
- Accounting qualification and experience
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant (or qualified by experience)
- 2-3 years R2R / management accounting experience
- Proactive, responsive and action orientated
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and flexible in approach
- A strong focus on quality and alignment to Sodexo values
- Preferably knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP, Hyperion & Indicator
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's