|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-08-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Nick Waters|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 10:34|
Based in Pontypool, South Wales, you will be supporting the Financial Controller in this busy SME.
As well as demonstrable management accounting experience, the you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This is a broad and challenging role working within a small team and reporting to the Financial Controller. It is an ideal role for a newly qualified Accountant or part qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
What you will be doing:
• Deputise for the Financial Controller where appropriate
• Support in the preparation of Management Accounts including Accruals and prepayments
• Variance analysis with appropriate commentary to support operational management
• Management of Company Risk Register
• Budgeting and forecasting – general and project related
• Working with operational personnel to monitor and control project costs and budgets
• Year End Support including assisting in internal and external audits
• Assist with Cash flow forecasting
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• VAT returns
• Management of the purchase ledger system on QUBE including ensuring all project and overhead invoices are authorised
• Preparation of weekly payment runs and review of Aged Creditors
• Preparation and submission of returns to HMRC – CIS, PAYE & NIC
• Identifying cost saving opportunities
• Working with the Financial Controller to manage the day to day activities of the finance team
Your skills and qualifications will include:
• Qualified, part qualified or actively working towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA
• Solution focused
• Commercial awareness
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Knowledge of QUBE or similar accounting system
• Ability to work and communicate with colleagues at all levels including non-finance staff
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's