|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Patricia D`Arcy|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 10:03|
Salary up to £65k pa plus benefits
As Finanical Controller you will be responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly accounts and management information for Partners, carrying out in-depth analysis of and opinions on business performance, supervising the process for monthly reporting to clients, working with the firm’s IT department to ensure the firm’s practice management systems are working effectively and providing the support the firm requires.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management information including firm, office and department P&Ls, Balance Sheets, Fee and Working Capital reports;
- Financial planning and analysis work against the firm’s KPIs and other quantitative and qualitative metrics; Management of the annual budget process in line with the firm’s business plan;
- Provision of financial information to clients, Partners and staff on fees, debtors, and time recording when required;
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns and resolution of any issues, including VAT inspections;
- Input the monthly payroll into the accounting records, liaise with the HR Department re the monthly payroll report, BUPA and Denplan; Completion of P11D’s and PSA;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts especially control accounts and integrity checks;
- Management and maintenance of the fixed asset register; WIP, debtors and disbursement monitoring and reporting;
- Work with the firm’s IT department to ensure the firm’s practice management system is up to date and take a leading role in the selection and implementation of replacement systems;
- Manage the month end accounting system closedown routine;
- Assist the Finance Director as required with the preparation of other management or financial information; Assist the Finance Director in preparing the information for external audit;
- Supervision of the Accounts Assistant.
- Fully qualified accountant with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a law firm or partnership environment;
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft IT suite, in particular advanced Excel knowledge;
- Previous experience of conveying clear and concise information to Partners and employees both in written form and face to face;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Experience of working with Partner 4 Windows or similar. Ability to build strong relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- Ability to interrogate data to provide insight to fee earners and department heads;
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload effectively;
- Strong attention to detail ensuring the production of work/documentation of a high standard.
Call Patricia on 0207 724 3824 or Click now to apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's