|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£37570 - £44688 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Tony Baker|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019 16:35|
Purpose of the role:
To provide a comprehensive and high quality range of key financial services to NSS Strategic Business Units.
Your new role/Duties:
- Preparation of the SBU Financial Plans for inclusion in the Annual Business Plans and 5 year strategic plans in accordance with the agreed timescales.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the SBU to enable effective management control of income and expenditure ensuring that actual performance can be monitored against planned performance.
- Prepare and publish the monthly management accounting reports to SBU management teams in line with the agreed timetable.
- Provide analytical services to budget holders, meeting regularly to review financial position, highlighting reasons for variances and recommending corrective action as required.Advises budget holders on capital funding issues and monitors the capital expenditure programme.
- Design, installation and maintenance of costing and budgetary control systems to ensure relevant, reliable and timely information is available for managing the businesses.Devises financial systems, processes and procedures, in particular in relation to stock, debtors, creditors and inter NHSS balances as appropriate, ensuring the integrity of NSS balance sheet.
- Reconciles and monitors balances, analysing and challenging where necessary.Ensures compliance with all relevant financial regulations, standards and instructions and ensures an awareness and understanding throughout the SBU.
- The post holder must manage and priorities his/her workload to ensure that tasks are completed to timescale.
- The post holder works to recognised Standards of Accounting Practice, NHS legislation and finance policies, NSS standing financial instructions, interpreting, making judgements and applying these as appropriate.
- The post holder is responsible for interpreting, analysing and presenting financial information for use in business decisions.
- The post holder will often make recommendations based on this information e.g. Judgement on areas to be targeted for savings, pricing options, allocation of finances, financial risk, presentation of information, forecasts and forward planning etc..
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's