Male Support Worker - Bebside
- Job Reference: 00072467-1
- Date Posted: 6 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bebside, Northumberland
- Salary: £10.00
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Male Support Worker to join our supported living service based in Bebside, Northumberland on a permanent contract for 37.5 hours.
About our Service
We provide 2-1 support to one gentleman between the hours of 08.45 and 20.00 hours 7 days per week and then 1-1 waking night support between the hours of 20.00 and 09.00 hours 7 days per week. This support includes a limited element of personal care.
The accommodation is a bungalow that is situated in quiet cul-de-sac of relatively new houses of varying types and consists of a living room, kitchen, three bedrooms, two of which have en-suite facilities. The property has an attached garage which is used by the person we support as a workshop area for his DIY hobbies.
The individual we support has a motorcar which can be driven by his Support Staff if qualified to do so. The individual likes to get out and about to visit places like York, Edinburgh and the Lake District, but he mostly likes to go shopping and have a meal or cup of coffee when going out.
Being a Support Worker is an extremely rewarding role and we are looking for someone who is passionate and wants to make a positive difference. If you are that person click Apply Now we look forward to hearing from you!
What does a Support Worker do?
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
* Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
* Supporting people to live independently – budget management, paying bills, housework, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
* Excellent communication skills/relationship building – supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
* Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it’s never ‘just a job’. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some excellent benefits alongside our competitive pay.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the directgov website.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Mencap are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccine as a way to help protect each other and the people we support.
No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging but they will always positive so click apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
* Due to the nature of this service, we are looking for male only applicants. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Job ID: 25123