Major Market Change Project Managers
|Job Title:||Major Market Change Project Managers|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 11:03|
We are looking for a high level Change Project Manager for our Wholesale Market Services division. This role is crucial to the business as its purpose is to design, drive and deliver change activity that incorporates all major market change as well as supporting transitional change within Wholesale Market Services as the team continues to develop.
As part of your role you will be expected to:
Defining the scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities for both the overall change programme and included projects; ensuring these are clear, agreed and communicated to all key stakeholders.
Plan, structure, track, report on and lead project / programme activity - eliminating blockers, mitigating risk, providing challenge and driving all stakeholders to deliver.
Develop and nurture strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure engagement and delivery of change.
Ensure robust governance arrangements and benefits tracking are in place and functioning across the programme and all projects that support delivery of the overall plan.
Drive business and cultural organisational change, providing challenge to organisational performance in order to achieve excellence.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- In the most professional sense of the word, you will be a ‘disruptor’ – the type of person who will challenge the status quo and ask “Why?”
- You will be an independent, delivery focused individual but one who is passionate about bringing people together to work as a team.
- You will be a fast learner with a curious mind-set and portray a resilient and tenacious approach to delivering lasting change.
- You will have the ability to quickly establish credibility and respect, enabling you to build collaborative working relationships.
- You will be adaptable with a willingness to get stuck in to ensure delivery remains on track.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills (PowerPoint skills are especially useful), with an ability to convey a compelling and engaging vision of change.
- You will have detailed working knowledge and understanding of programme and project management methodologies. Prince2, MSP practitioner or an equivalent project/programme management qualification is essential.
- You will have experience of creating projects from scratch, with a cradle-to-grave level of insight.
- You will have experience of working at a senior level in a complex environment, managing multiple large-scale projects concurrently with a range of stakeholders.
- A degree holder with significant experience in delivering successful operational change programmes is ideal – but we value experience just as much as qualifications so please don’t let this put you off applying.
- Operational business experience is key and Change Management Certification would definitely be desirable.
- You will ideally have knowledge of competitive markets, having worked in the energy, gas or water or other utilities sectors.
The UK water industry is rapidly evolving - all business customers now have a choice of their water and wastewater supplier. We are responding to this challenge by becoming more market-focused, and implementing innovative changes needed to enable this competitive choice.
As part of the wholesale market services, this team is required to facilitate the delivery of our business’s new market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the water markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing approximately £40m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a brand new role and a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue and insight for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. You will receive a car allowance and a bonus of up to 20% of annual salary.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£350 per day
Project Definition Programme Manager
£41600 - £62400 per annum
Water Infrastructure Project Definition Manager
£52000 - £68000 per annum
Area Services Co-ordinator
£28050 - £32000 per annum
Assistant Incident Manager
£38000 - £44000 per annum