Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group PLC, the business has been established for over 125 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries. The company has seen significant sustained revenue growth with output
rising from £31million to circa £130million within the last 6 years. Based in the North West of England we are a well-established company that is growing year on year. Our organisation currently has 800 employees throughout Europe with over 400 based in Todmorden, which sits on the edge of both Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
We are hiring a Maintenance Technician for our Maintenance department. This role offers a unique opportunity to join an expanding and successful team.
Responsible for ensuring preventative maintenance duties are carried out across the site. Duties include but not limited to; attending to breakdowns, carrying out machinery overhauls, completing remedial correctives and improving the plants availability and reliability.
You will be a seasoned professional familiar with heavy machinery maintenance in a challenging environment.
- Ensuring planned preventative maintenance (PPM) is carried out, reducing the risk of downtime.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Able to work unsupervised and prioritise their own time and activities.
- Have strong analytical skills, supporting fast and effective problem solving.
- Machine tool experience.
- Flexibility to support any unplanned maintenance activities as required.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Time served Electrically biased Engineer preferred but not essential.
- You must attain appropriate qualifications (i.e. City & Guilds / BTEC / NVQ Level 3) *training credits can be used to support a transition and industry specific training will be available.
- Previous experience of a fast-paced similar heavy engineering environment would be an advantage
- Team player and flexible as required.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Experience in installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Good maintenance background and be competent to work on CNC machines, PLC controlled equipment, conveyors, overhead cranes, jib crane, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrates good practice when planning preventative maintenance.
- Proven Fault finding and troubleshooting knowledge.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank Holiday.
- Free Parking.
- Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Reward scheme.
- Flexible to work across all three shifts (6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am).
- Opportunity for paid overtime when required by the business.
Closing Date for all applicants:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for roles with Weir Minerals Europe. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we anticipate we are not able to respond to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 14 days from your application date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We wish you all the best in your search.
We have an internal recruitment team and are presently not engaging with any specialist providers for the purposes of Recruitment.
Weir Minerals Europe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.