Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician (Electrical)|
|Contact Name:||Debbie Cole|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 12:52|
Our client is looking for applicants with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Working hours - 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00.
Location - Runcorn.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM System.
- All work on site to satisfy the Health and Safety Act with all areas of work to be kept clean and tidy.
- Assist the department in the ordering of spares, maintain and update records of the plant and equipment.
- Additional duties as and when required to give full cover i.e. sickness and holiday.
- Act as point of contact for external contractors, including control of permits to work where necessary.
- Act as point of contact for Process Engineers or any other off-site engineering support.
- Ensure maintenance requests and PPM's are printed, completed and returned to Manager / Admin.
- Site Crisis team / HACCP Representative.
- Engineering Safety Coordinator (eg confined space / working at heights etc.).
- Liaise with admin personnel when ordering parts / spares.
- Report as necessary to on / off site management with regards to engineering issues.
- Act as training focus for all engineers and / or mandatory training requirements.
- Work on a rotating shift basis - 6:00am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm.
Skills and qualifications:
- C&G or HNC / NVQ qualification.
- Electrical bias, mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Time spent in a production environment with strong fault-finding and breakdown skills.
- Pro-active and a good team-worker.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£26000 - £30000 per annum
Light Maintenance Technician
£23,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience
£32878.00 per annum
£32000 - £35000 per annum
Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £15.38 per hour