|Salary||£34000 - £37000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial, Executive and Management, Engineering|
Location: Warrington, Cheshire (WA4 6PS)
Salary: £34,000- £37,000 (DOE)
Shifts : Monday- Friday (08:30- 17:00)
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Engineering/ Manufacturing
A Cheshire based company who play a major part in steel industry working on large international projects is seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to work within their production facility based in Warrington, Cheshire.
Responsible for the full department including Electromechanical Engineer, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Apprentices and Contractors.
You will effectively utilise the engineering team and resources, provide equipment capability, reliability and availability to production ensuring the available staff, parts and equipment are available.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, your duties will be:
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with Health & Safety procedures and expectations for the site and any specific H&S requirements for the engineering or assigned task and department.
- Develop and implement Risk Assessment relevant to the engineering department.
- Guarantee familiarity of COSHH specifications on materials used within the engineering or assigned department.
- Keep operating equipment in the condition to deliver full design duty.
- Control and replenishment of engineering spares stores ensuring a cost effective stock holding.
- Plan and organise materials, tools and other resources needed to undertake required works in order to minimise machine downtime.
- Develop and plan for site PPM's.
- Assist in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Ensure that 5S is implemented in the engineering and surrounding areas.
- Ensure plant and equipment is running properly when required for operation.
An ideal Maintenance Supervisor will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Manufacturing/ Production process understanding.
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience working with PLC based machinery and control systems.
- Supervisory qualifications or proven experience in a similar role.
- Engineering experience in a similar position within a multi process/ multi line manufacturing and/ or heavy engineering environment is essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and priorities.