- Job Reference: 00054351-1
- Date Posted: 7 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Woodhouse, Leicestershire
- Salary: £24,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We have an opportunity for a full time Caretaker/Maintenance Operative, working a 37.5hr week. Ideally, for someone with good communication skills and a flexible attitude to their work .Must be organised and able to prioritise their work effectively.
Under the direction of the Regional Facilities Manager and facilities and the registered manager, you will manage and deliver planned and reactive maintenance, some cleaning and garden management at our Lyndhurst care home site, North Finchley. You will aim to keep the buildings/grounds and all associated equipment in serviceable working order, adhering to legislative and programmed maintenance requirements.
Previous commercial maintenance experience is essential. Ideally having experience in minor plumbing and electrical work, as well as experience in minor building repairs, woodwork and equipment/furniture repairs.
Training on site-specific equipment will be given.
The role requires good initiative skills and delivers a varied and rewarding work environment.
Maintenance Operatives responsibilities and duties
* Support the care team by providing maintenance, gardening and cleaning to site.
* Organise the ordering of groceries for the service via internet shopping.
* Undertake inspection and maintain security of the buildings as required.
* Assist in the preparation and delivery of planned maintenance.
* Identify and order specific equipment, tools and materials for necessary maintenance
* Identify and report work that could require intervention from external contactors.
* Undertake maintenance and repair work, complying with relevant Health and Safety guidelines requirements.
* Action and complete day-to-day maintenance duties and keep accurate records of tasks undertaken.
* Liaise with line manager and the registered manager to raise any issues that cannot be solved on your own initiative.
* Undertake training and development as deemed appropriate by the Head of estates and facilities and the Registered Manager
* Carry out any other duties to the post as requested and within the roles remit.
Personal Specification. Essential:
* Previous experience of working in a maintenance role or very good handyman skills
* Good knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations
* Good Written and Verbal skills
* Intermediate IT skills in Microsoft word and use of email
* Physically fit and able lift light items of equipment and furniture
* Able to use and maintain hand and power tools
* Ability to be able to prioritise, respond and adopt a positive approach to work
* Able to carry out some cleaning as directed
* Able to work on and maintain external areas
Personal Specification. Desirable:
* Experience in a Health/social care environment
* Formal qualification in a trade
* Formal health and safety training
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021