- Job Reference: 00044171-1
- Date Posted: 19 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Matson, Gloucestershire
- Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
- Job Type: Permanent
CareTech provides a range of services for people with a learning disability. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality service and expect our staff to work with us to this end by respecting the service users, carers and other professionals who come into contact with us during their work.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Person to carry out repairs at our Services. It is essential that you have carpentry, plumbing, tiling and minor electrical skills along with small garden experience. Responsible to the Maintenance Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Your will be to provide effective and efficient maintenance of homes and the whole site, attend to repairs/jobs as designated by the Estates Manager & Estates Administrator. Carry out general/emergency maintenance at sites in Cheltenham/Gloucester/Stoke on Trent/Leicester/Birmingham/Telford and occasionally you will be required to attend Services in the North of England. You will also be requred to undertake any necessary maintenance work in any of the units that falls within your skills and abilities. Please note that on call cover/rota and weekend cover essential.
* To carry out general maintenance works in a safe manner and observe the safety of others.
* To liaise with contractors, representatives and suppliers where required.
* To obtain quotes, prices and comparisons of services to feed back to management.
* To fulfil the standards of maintenance as laid down by CareTech Quality Assurance system.
* Understanding and maintaining the heating systems and report defects to the estates manager.
* Observe and maintain heating fuel capacities at all times and liaise with supplier to replenish stocks in a timely manner.
* Carry out weekly alarm testing and keep records.
* Arrange cyclical painting and decoration of rooms and corridors etc.
* Carry stocks of consumable materials, light fittings, tubes & bulbs, locks, handles, plumbing materials and replenish when necessary.
* Positive interaction and an understanding of service user Behaviour and needs.
* Carry out pat testing of site electricals and maintain up to date records.
* To respond effectively and with priority to emergency repairs.
* Carry out and log meter/utility readings.
* Occasionally carry out general/emergency maintenance at external sites
* Keep site clean and tidy and presentable at all times.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
* Previous experience of providing maintenance services in similar environments.
* Demonstrate good customer service at all times.
* Experience of working within strict schedules of work and to deadlines.
* Good knowledge of safe working practices, ability to operate within Health and Safety Guidelines and good understanding of risk assessments and their application.
* A Clean, Valid Driving Licence
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* Induction programme
* Dedicated learning and development programmes
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
* Free DBS check
* Refer a friend scheme’ reward system - earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Company Share Save Scheme
* CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from us in 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
You may be aware of new regulations which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021