Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer / Fitter|
|Salary:||£12.70 - £15.00 per hour, Benefits: OT available 1.5 Saturday - Double time Sunday|
|Contact Name:||Stephen Windle|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 08:58|
The role will be to work as part of the Maintenance Team to ensure the optimum performance of plant and machinery predominantly on site, however a requirement to support some off-site project work may arise.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Fault finding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical faults.
- Working to and understanding engineering drawings i.e. installation, pneumatic & hydraulic fault finding, general machining etc.
- To work with and support the Electrical / Engineering teams.
- To participate in manufacturing improvement objectives.
- Complete all necessary maintenance documentation records.
- Compliance with company and departmental quality standards and procedures.
- Compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures, guidance and instructions at all times.
- To actively seek out opportunities for improvement of process, plant and equipment.
- To assist with planned work and requests issued by the PPM system
- Project work.
- Other duties as directed by your line manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous manufacturing environment experience preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of all relevant British Standards.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Effective communicator.
- Practical experience of faultfinding, maintaining and improving the performance of equipment in an industrial environment.
- Qualified to at least City and Guilds level or equivalent under a modern apprenticeship.
- Ideally qualified to BTEC, NC or HNC level or equivalent (or willing to study towards).
- Computer literate
Salary & Working Hours
Shift work - Monday to Friday (Shifts rotate each week) Average 40 hours per week
Mornings (7am – 3pm),
Afternoons (3pm – 11pm)
Nights (11pm – 7am)
Rates Of Pay
*Overtime available Saturday at 1½, Sunday double time*
Any questions or queries don't hesitate to get in touch.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£22000 - £25000 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £34000 per annum
£35000 - £42000 per annum
£36000 - £45000 per annum
Up to £39040 per annum