|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer|
|Location:||Sunbury on Thames|
|Start Date:||2019-04-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Gentry|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 10:19|
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to advance in their career in Facilities Management.
Whilst the role is maintenance based, there is also significant opportunity to develop in Management, Team Leadership and Client Relationship skills.
This role will not only cover Maintenance, but will also support the day to day operations in Catering, Housekeeping and Security, ensuring the required standards are met.
The ideal candidate will also act as site Health & Safety and Engagement lead.Main responsibilities
- Carry out general maintenance – Handyman type duties i.e. painting, joinery, basic plumbing, drainage, ceiling/floor tiles, furniture repairs, fire alarm testing, equipment PAT, water hygiene checks, etc.
- First response to breakdowns (basic diagnostics to ensure correct trade/specialist mobilised)
- Liaise with planner/helpdesk to organise and schedule reactive and planned maintenance
- Assist company and client appointed contractors
- Understand RAMS and carry out point of work risk assessments to ensure all works carried out safely
- Assist with projects, shutdowns etc.
- Liaise with tech/site services managers to ensure smooth running of site
- Drive improvements and energy saving measures
- Building services background
- Strong H&S culture
- Self-motivation with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- Flexibility with working hours (some weekend work will be required)
- Problem solve under pressure and route cause analysis
- Good IT skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (with tech and non-tech people) both verbally and with reports
- Approachable and customer focussed
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£34000 - £36000 per annum
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Overtime
£33280 - £35000 per annum
£38000 - £40000 per annum
£35000 - £42000 per annum