|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer|
|Location:||Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Cunningham|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 10:01|
Purpose of Role
To maintain and repair plant, equipment and buildings in the support of 24/7 production of speciality plastic compounds. Work as part of the maintenance team to help achieve company objectives in terms of safety, efficiency and utilisation of production equipment. Participate in providing a "round the clock" troubleshooting service (maintenance, fire or safety).
Task & Responsibilities
* Carry out assigned tasks in mechanical and electrical repairs (as competency allows) from work requested by the maintenance supervisor or when outside of dayshift hours shift supervision.
* Carry out repairs and health and safety checks as required to maintain high safety standards to satisfy health and safety legislation.
* Report dangerous and unsafe machinery and respond to health and safety failures to provide corrective actions or isolation of faulty plant
* Assist in the assessment of risks, and carrying out repairs by safe methods of work for all tasks as assigned by the supervisor. Ensure that work carried out unsupervised is to the same standard of safe working to ensure the safety of yourself and any others who may be affected.
* In liaison with Production, implement planned maintenance and repairs to ensure the smooth operation of all production plant. Provide a safe, flexible, skilled service covering 24/7 operation to minimise lost manufacturing time and consequential costs.
* Ensure cost effective and reliable maintenance of all site utility services (gas, water, electricity, etc). Evaluate, recommend and implement energy saving and continuous improvements to the plant.
* Assist as required to maintain appropriate systems, checks, procedures, records and tests (ie lifts/hoists, fork lift trucks, calibration, etc) to meet the requirements of safety legislation customers, and Company Insurers.
* Assist in the purchasing of spare parts as authorized by the supervisor or Engineering Manager. Assist in implementing a spares and stock control stocking to provide the most effective cover within the department budget.
* In liaison with the Production and Technical Departments, assist in troubleshooting processing problems and process variation and deficiencies. Where necessary, rectify or make recommendations to the process to improve or restore acceptable quality standards.
* Work in liaison with other members of the Management Team to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are maintained with regard to all relevant aspects of compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental policy and legislation.
* Assist where required with the training and instruction of operatives.
* Carry out any projects or other work as required by the Engineering Manager.
Experience & Qualifications Required -
* Required to be multi skilled
* Hold an electrical qualifications. E.g.. 17th Edition
* Experience of maintaining plant and equipment.
* Must be able to work within a team and demonstrate initiative and fault-finding skills in dealing with repairs.
* The person must have the attitude and ability to learn new skills and processes to be found in the business.
The opportunity offers a fantastic salary which is reviewed at the first 6 months & second 6 months. The shift pattern is varied with days & nights based on a 39 hour working week.
If interested please apply directly via acorn or contact myself on 07767671293 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's