|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Genevra Smith|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2019 16:58|
The role will involve setting up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. May also manufacture and modify parts, making or repairing machine tools or maintaining industry machines, applying knowledge of mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
Analyse specifications on SOP’s, bills of material and engineering drawings, set up machine tools, fit and assemble parts, repair dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and/or machinist hand tools.
Machine Shop work:
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using measuring instruments including Micrometres, Gauge Blocks and Dial Indicators.
- Machine parts to specification using close tolerances to 0.0003”
- Ability to work in both Imperial & Metric systems.
- Ability to convert between Imperial & Metric systems.
- Set up, adjust and operate basic or specialised machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories or materials into machines.
- Measure, examine and test completed units, check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments.
- Knowledge of die components: large die shoes, bolster plates, stock plates, blade holders.
- Knowledge of different thread forms, Imperial & Metric.
- Monitor feeds and speeds during the machining process ensuring accuracy and surface finish is maintained.
- Check work pieces to ensure they are cooled with the correct use of lubricants.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition including routine maintenance, repairing, adjusting and testing machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principals.
- Study SOP’s, engineering drawings, sketches, models or specifications to plan sequences of operations for manufacturing tools, dies or assemblies.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Assembly Shop work:
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Gauge Blocks, Dial Indicators and other QA measuring equipment as required.
- Study engineering drawings, sketches, models or specifications to plan sequences of operations for manufacturing tools, dies or assemblies.
- Fit and check alignments using close tolerances of 0.0003”
- Set up and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to manufacture parts to required dimensions and finishes.
- Visualise and compute dimensions, size, shapes and tolerances of assemblies based on specifications.
- Knowledge of assembly drawings.
- Identify parts and their uses.
- Strip down, clean, asses and inspect assemblies sent in for overhaul/repair.
- Inspect finished assemblies checking for surface finish, contour conformity and defects.
- Fit and assemble parts, to build and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and/or machinist hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure parts meet specification, analysing, reporting and correcting any quality issues as necessary.
- Lift, position and secure machined parts onto a surface plate, trestles or work bench using crane,(training will be provided) vices.
- Able to work with engineering drawings dimensioned in inches.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Mandatory Job related Competencies:
Knowledge/Experience/Skills: Formal engineering apprenticeship, knowledge and practical experience.
- 5 years or more experience with CNC machine set up and programming of Fanuc software preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of Vertical Boring machine, machine tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, geometry, trigonometry and statistics including their application.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximising the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, engineering drawings and models.
- Problem solving – Knowledge of how to understand and solve problems, recognising if a problem develops and taking the necessary auction.
- Communication- Being able to communicate written or verbally i.e. reports, continuous improvement.
- Able to work with engineering drawings dimensioned in inches
Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principals, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- The jobholder should be flexible, positive and very detail conscious.
- The ability to work in a systematic, thorough and precise manner is necessary to maintain accurate records.
- A high level of customer service and inter personal skill is essential to achieve the required levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- An ability to manage time efficiently.
- Flexible, positive and detail conscious.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to share knowledge and work co-operatively.
- Strong work ethic – proven ability to “go above and beyond.”
- Positive attitude and the ability to stay flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Build confidence and pride, both internally and externally through positive attitude.
- Willingness and ability to pass on skills to others.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions – This position requires the ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment.
- Work schedule generally consists of a 40 hour week.
- Production/manufacturing environment.
- Control Precision – Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions as well as maintaining precise size tolerances.
- Manual Dexterity – Ability to grasp, manipulate and assemble objects.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 18kgs (40lbs).
- Ability to load heavy items to the machines using a crane, (Training will be provided) and relevant lifting equipment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£13.00 - £18.00 per hour
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£37000 - £42500 per annum
£26000 - £27000 per annum
£21000 - £29000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Competitive Salary