|Salary||£27600 - £29100 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering|
Location: Warrington, Cheshire WA4 6PS
Salary: £27,600 - £29,100 (inclusive of shift allowances)
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
Hrs :- 3 shift rotating pattern (6-2pm / 2-10pm / 10pm-6am)
A Cheshire based company who play a major part in steel industry working on large international projects is seeking a Machine Setter/Shaper based in Warrington, Cheshire to join its expanding team. The purpose of this role is to set the conditions of the machines to run efficiently in line with customer specifications within shaping operations.
As the Machine Setter/Shaper your duties will be to:
- Ensure the compliance of all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure fully conversant and uphold all training on operating equipment.
- Set temperatures, machine speeds, size and measurement details accordingly to the job.
- Routinely check calibration of equipment.
- Ensure machines operate at maximum speeds whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Using technical skills, carry out first level fault diagnosis on all equipment.
- Quality checking products visually using microscope/micrometer to ensure size and spec are as required.
- Accurately maintain records including non-conformance, scrap generated and machine downtime.
To be a successful Machine Setter/Shaper you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to demonstrate good technical skills.
- Must have experience in a Machine Op role (ideally CNC machines) is required.
- Experience in basic fault finding on Production/Engineering machinery.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- Excellent abilities to follow plans with manual dexterity.
- Must have good attention to detail skills.
- Be flexible to work overtime as and when required.
This role is currently based on a three shift rotation system comprising of 6-2 / 2-10 / 10pm - 6am (20% shift allowance).
The starting salary would be £27,600 (inclusive of shift allowance) whilst on training.
This would increase to £29,100 (inclusive of shift allowance) once fully trained.
You will receive excellent holiday package of 26 days + bank holidays, sick pay scheme, excellent pension and have all PPE supplied and cleaned by the company.