Machine Operatives – Belper
|Job Title:||Machine Operatives – Belper|
|Salary:||£8.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Nikita Adkin|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 16:27|
Temporary Position – Ongoing work until September 2019!
Pay rates £8.50p/h
Machine Operatives wanted for one of Derbyshire’s finest packaging and distribution warehouses based in Belper.
We are proud to be working in partnership with a company that are recognised worldwide and are having an incredibly busy year and are needing to add to their already brilliant existing team.
Why should you choose this role?
An extremely well-run company that values all of its employees, an established product line with long standing customer partnerships providing them with constant work.
A clean and tidy working environment with a lot of friendly faces around to help and support you in learning the ropes.
Still not sure continue reading to see more benefits
- Potential to do overtime when needed
- Ongoing work until September 2019!
- Early finish on Friday’s
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great! Due to the location and shift start and finish times, you will need to have your own driving license and access to vehicle, however it is only a 22 minute drive from Derby City centre, and with the start and finish times you will miss the rush hour traffic!
The Job Role
You may work with mechanical and computer operated equipment. The main purpose of the role is to install maintain and operate Machinery.
As a Machine Operator your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the setup, calibration, and operation of machining equipment used to produce or modify parts or products.
- Assisting in the maintenance and repair of Machinery
- To provide cover on other machines in the event of absences
- Perform Periodic checks on equipment and resolve/solve problems.
- Housekeeping of working area and machinery, ensuring H&S standards are adhered to
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant H&S procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Provide assistance in other areas of the business if required.
An ideal Machine Operator will have the following skills and qualifications
- Experience using computers
- GCSE's in Maths and English Grades A*- C (Beneficial)
- Experience on Excel, Word and other Microsoft programmes
- Good knowledge of technical machinery
- Key attention to detail
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Highly competent in safe working practices (Critical)
Days: Mon - Thurs 06:00 - 14:00 Fri 06:00 - 11:00.
Afternoons: Mon - Thurs 14:00 - 22:00 Fri - 11:00 - 16:00
Nights: Mon- Thurs 22:00 - 06:00 Fri 16:00 - 21:00
We anticipate a large response to this role so please use the apply button first, we will then be in touch to take your though the next steps.
If this is something you are looking for them please Click Apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Warehouse Operatives x6 - Alfreton - Temporary
£9.00 - £13.50 per hour
Overtime payable after 40 hours and at weekends
£8.50 - £9.00 per hour
£8.50 per hour
£8.50 - £9.00 per hour